Sunday, February 8, 2015

Hopped off the plane at LAX....

After two years of waiting, six months of stressing, and two months of packing, here I am: Los Angeles, CA! Just kidding. I flew to L.A. a day early due to the second week of horrible snow in the Northeast. And although it was tough to leave my family a day earlier than planned, I'm actually grateful it worked out this way. Laying in my hotel room, completely exhausted, I can't even imagine hopping on another plane right now. 

Even though I haven't even left the country, I've already learned a lot about traveling alone. The most important thing I've learned is to BE PREPARED. Have all your important documents ready (check), bring snacks so you don't have to buy the airlines (check), have activities to do in case the plane doesn't have Wi-fi, (not so much), and make sure your phone is charged (NOPE). Oh, well. It's all about learning, right? 

Next stop, Melbourne. There I'll be participating in Arcadia University's four-day orientation. I'm not entirely sure what to expect, other than warmth. For those of you dealing with 2 feet of snow, I'm heading towards 99 degree weather. One leg of the journey left!! 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment